Kairos Agency’s Values
Kairos Foreign Mission Agency, during the years, has settled certain distinct biblical values, which actually represents its DNA. We seek that through the means God has entrusted to us and in the context in which we work, transmit these values to the students of the Kairos Transcultural Mission School, to our Romanian and to our indigenous work partners in the field of mission . This set of values is designed to influence every aspect of life and service within the Agency: decisions, reporting to the neighbour, and dedication to the vision and goals of the Agency.
1. The glory of God among the nations
- Our wish is to see the kingdom of God expanding among the nations, and the glory of God to descend among the ethnic groups that are still untouched by the Gospel.
2. Dedication to the Word of God
- The Word of God, when believed and received in the heart, transforms the lives of individuals, as well as of whole nations. The gospel is the power of God to everyone who believes it. It is the means by which God is revealed to mankind.
3. Dependence on God
- Because the earth and all that is on it belongs to God, and because God Himself is the Lord of Harvest, we choose to depend on Him to cover all the needs of the missionary work. We admit that by ourselves it is impossible to carry out the great commission, but with God, all things are possible. Therefore, prayer is the mean by which we find guidance in the misionary work, access the necessary resources, and receive power for spiritual struggle.
4. The missionary work belongs to the local Church
- The church as a whole is called by God to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28: 19-20), who gather themselves in viable local communities capable of self-sustaining and multiplying. The Agency supports the local churches, with respect and collaboration, in achieving this goal. The local church is the one sending missionaries.
5. Unification of the Spirit
- Because the task of the mission is beyond the capabilities of a single church, organization, or denomination, the Kairos Agency develops contacts and partnerships with other churches and missionary organizations with ethos and confessions of faith similar to the Kairos Agency. We believe that, by using the cultural diversity in Kairos ministry, we are more effective in missionary work and thus express the “union of the Spirit” (Ephesians 4: 3) of the Body of Christ in the whole world.
6. Honest nature
- Developing a Christ like character is essential in the missionary work. Integrity is not just what we do, but what we are. Integrity is not an option, it is a lifestyle.
7. The ministry is for all of us
- We believe in the value and potential of every believer in the expansion of the Kingdom of God, as long as he is open to learning and serving the gift and call they received.
8. Relevant for the times we live in
- The message is the same, but the methods differ from one generation to the next. The fundamental need of the man for salvation is unchanged, but society is constantly changing. That is why we believe that a continual assessment of the context and a wise adaptation of the working methods, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is necessary.